Lengthy-range wi-fi sensor modules are utilized in many purposes, together with asset monitoring techniques, neighborhood constructing safety, robotic wi-fi management, industrial distant management, telemetering, automated information acquisition, car keyless entry system, PC wi-fi networking, toys, and drones amongst others.
One such sensor is the nRF24L01 module (refer Fig. 1) from Nordic Semiconductor. For utility, it’s possible you’ll confer with ‘Extremely-Low-Energy Sensor Hub Utilizing nRF24L01 Modules’ DIY article obtainable on this link.
Some long-range wi-fi sensor modules simply obtainable within the Indian market embrace nRF24L01, Zigbee XBee Professional S2C 802.15.4, HC-12, TS835 FPV 5.8G, and LoRa SX1278 module.
- nRF24L01 module. Its working vary is as much as one kilometre and it makes use of 2.4GHz international open ISM band.
- Zigbee XBee Professional S2C 802.15.4 module. Its vary for outside line-of-sight is as much as 3.2km. The working frequency is 2.4GHz for worldwide deployment.
- HC-12 wi-fi serial port communication module. It has a spread of as much as one kilometre in open house. It really works within the frequency vary of 433.4-473.0MHz and helps as much as 100 communication channels.
- TS835 FPV 5.8G 600MW 48CH (2-6S) wi-fi AV transmitter module. It has a spread of 5km to 8km when used with a much bigger acquire antenna. The working frequency is 5.8GHz.
- LoRa SX1278 long-range RF wi-fi energy psychological module. It has a spread of as much as 5km. This module makes use of SX1278 IC from SEMTECH and works on 433MHz frequency.
There’s additionally a long-range wi-fi module, the F8L10 sequence, which may work as much as 11km.