Raspberry Pi has launched its first microcontroller, Raspberry Pi Pico. The $4 microcontroller is powered by the corporate’s personal chip RP2040. The 7x7mm chip has 40nm silicon with a dual-core Arm Cortex-M0 processor.
Microcontrollers allow you to management different elements or different gadgets; they’re particularly designed to work together with different issues.
The Raspberry Pi Pico is a standalone board that can be utilized as a companion to a Raspberry Pi laptop. It can be used to run code or make initiatives by having it work together with different gadgets. There are dozens of enter and output pins on the edges of the Raspberry Pi Pico. These pins act because the interface with different parts. For instance, you can also make your microcontroller work together with an LED mild, get knowledge from varied sensors, present some info on a show, and many others, reports TechCrunch.
There are additionally 8 programmable I/O state machines permitting for customized peripherals, an correct on-chip clock, temperature sensor, and low-power sleep and dormant modes. You may solder the module to a different board if you wish to.
The Pico is designed to supply a low barrier to entry for hobbyists and newcomers alike. There’s full assist for programming in MicroPython or C/C++, with the flexibility to pull and drop code over to the Pico utilizing the USB port.
Record of specs for the Raspberry Pi Pico:
- Twin-core Arm Cortex-M0+ @ 133MHz
- 264KB of on-chip RAM
- Assist for as much as 16MB of off-chip flash reminiscence through devoted QSPI bus
- DMA controller
- Interpolator and integer divider peripherals
- 30 GPIO pins, 4 of which can be utilized as analog inputs
- 2 × UARTs, 2 × SPI controllers, and a pair of × I2C controllers
- 16 × PWM channels
- 1 × USB 1.1 controller and PHY, with host and machine assist
- 8 × Raspberry Pi Programmable I/O (PIO) state machines
- USB mass-storage boot mode with UF2 assist, for drag-and-drop programming
The Raspberry Pi Pico is obtainable now from authorised resellers for $4.